Re: [T3] Fuel smell

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi,

All Type 34 fuel fillers are inside the trunk. I am referring to a metal
pipe that joins onto the fuel tank at the back with a rubber tube (the seal
I was referring to), bends up and over towards the front and then ends up
pointing downwards near the spare wheel well. When I first got the car, I
could hardly believe that this was how it was supposed to be, as it seemed
that petrol would evaporate and the fumes would come out of this pipe.
However I believe I saw a picture of it somewhere and it looked just like
mine. Haynes calls it the fuel tank vent pipe.

I suppose it's time to ask (possibly a bit sheepishly) if I am missing
anything off the end of this pipe?

Daniel Baum
'69 Type 34