Re: [T3] Auto trans leak

On 8 Apr 2002, at 8:05, Steven Ayres wrote:

> Just for the record, I've done this (with a lot of spray Easy Off, trans out
> of the car), and seen no sign of this supposed reaction. It worked pretty
> well in two applications over about an hour.

There's a truck shop near me who will clean off a transmission with their
steam cleaner. It takes about 10 minutes and costs me about $15. I
consider it a great deal. The only down side is that I have to have the
transmission out and cart it over there.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054