RE: [T3] Tire Sizes

Sometimes the technical and the real world just don't match up.  I bow to
your superior knowledge Jim, However (it's always in there isn't it?) I
disagree in the sizes that we are currently talking about.  I ran the stock
tires, and I ran my 195's.  The tires that were on there were in pretty good
shape, so it was purely by choice.  I now get much better dry traction, much
better wet traction, and can corner the car like it's a different one all
together.  You'll notice though, that when changing the tread width, I
dropped the sidewall size down to account for the trapezoid effect you were
speaking of.  In this case, the tires to perform MUCH better than stock.

To side with you (because it is a nice things to do) when I squeezed the
205's on my stock '67 rims, it did a lot of weird $hit until I switched to
those 5.5" rims on the back.  So there you go, you're still right!

Bryan Castles
Arlington, TX
USA

'64 Sunroof Beetle