Re: [T3] Auto trans leak

On 7 Apr 2002, at 15:36, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Bentley says it is a leaking converter oil seal. Are there any other
> possibilites and is it something I should even think about fixing myself or
> should a pro do it? Is it something I can live with while I am restoring the
> car, and get it fixed at a later date?

I don't think overfilling will ruin anything. Look at all the things that Russ
mentioned, PLUS consider that in 69 there was a run of torque converters
with bad welds which tended to crack. These TCs also had fewer cooling fins
than the later ones. If you have one of the early ones, replacing it would be a
good idea for several reasons.

Does anyone remember the number of fins on the early vs. the late?