[T3] Oil dipstick bellows

    Martin and I met up to do a quick pre-run for the April 21st
Skyline Drive-in and cruise.  He joined Calvin and I in Phillip, and
after climbing a steep grade the top we smelled something
"melting/burning".   But wrote it off as another car passing by.  So
we continued toward Council Crest on Skyline Blvd.  This is a hilly,
curvy road following the ridge line, and I was driving rather
"spiritedly".  That is, until I noticed the smoke trail Phillip was
laying down behind us!  I cut the engine and we coasted to a stopping
place for a look.  Does anyone remember my rant about the cheap
Brazilian plastic oil dipstick bellows they are selling now?  Well at
the time I gave it 500 miles to failure, and that is exactly how long
it lasted.  It split and allowed oil to drip directly onto the hot
muffler.  Once I quit my rallying and slowed down, there was no more
smoke, and we made it to Council Crest.
    Martin, can you fill the folks in on the DDB meet and mini-cruise?

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR