Re: NOW: T3 Dream Garage

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 22:54, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:
> Ok, my mistake, Bob says 13' ceilings would probably be good to go for
> putting a lift in the garage. I was just thinking w/ the rafters, lights,
> etc., that you'd have to worry about not putting dings, dents and such in the
> roof of the car.Hey, what can I say, you already know I don't spend all my
> free time out in the garage.
>
> I mean my idea of a dream garage, is being able to park inside it, so I don't
> have to scrape windows before I got to work. :-P

Well, my budget is not unlimited, but the idea of the 13' ceilings was
for a hoist at a later date. My neighbor has a grease pit in his garage,
I can use it when needed. But pits don't work well with VW's, because
the engine comes out the bottom.
My idea for right now, is to get the building up, and get my 4 VW's
inside. The building will be 30 x 45. this will give me room to park the
cars, and still have room to work. The work shop area would be
partitioned off from the parking so it could be heated separately in the
winter.
The garage idea came to a head last week, when the wife pulled her Jeep
into the current garage, and hit the floor jack, and cut a sidewall on a
tire. Bad news to blow a tire in the garage. :=(

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)