Re: [T3] Full flow

I installed the Berg kit recently. I had to clearance
the fan housing AND the NPT fitting that threads into
the case. The fan housing had to be clearanced down to
a very thin sheet of metal and then peened back a bit
with a hammer to clear the fitting and hose. It was
enough to poke a small hole that I filled in with a
generous amount of black silicone. The flat surface of
the case was even machined down by Rimco, per Gene
Berg instructions and there was still not enough room.

I ran into a problem when setting it up: If the 2
fittings for the return oil line at the case are fully
tightened, they won't clear the case and sheet metal.
(they point at the wrong angles when tightened) So, I
had to fudge it a bit and loctite the hell out of the
fittings and set them just snug. It works and carries
oil with no problem, but it puts a nice shiny coat of
oil all over the left side of the case. It also spits
up little dots of oil on the rear hatch when driving
at highway speeds.

When I get around to pulling the motor back out to fix
this, can I shim the return fitting with a washer or
two at the case?
How would I fix where the 2 NPTs attach to eachother
to make the turn to clear the fan housing? There's no
way that I can tell to adjust the angles - it's either
tight or not.
-Phil