[T3] disassembly of a seat?

Hi,

I'm redoing the seats on my '67 squareback (they're
'68 highbacks). There's an eccentric cam on a shaft
that is turned by a large plastic knob on the side,
this adjusts the angle of the back.

Well, on my seats, the cam has stripped, the shaft
turns pointlessly, and my seat can't be adjusted
properly.  So I bought a set from the junkyard, but of
course, the replacement seats have some problems of
their own (the rails are completely bent up).
I would like to remove the shaft/cam from the
replacement seats but I haven't been able to figure
out how to remove the shaft from the old seats.  I was
able to push out the pressed pin on either side, but
can't get the knob off, any suggestions?

Once I get the knob off, any suggestions on how to get
the cams off without breaking them?

Thanks,

Eduardo