RE: [T3] Another rough running engine...Update..clarification

>It's possible that someone connected a WHITE FI wire to that switch instead

>of the correct wire, which should not be white. There's no way that this
could
>be due to a bad oil pressure switch.

Thanks for letting me air this out, of course my suspitions were wrong, the
oil pressure switch had nothing to do with it, but now I have a new one and
a spare ;). The wire on it is green, which is correct if you ground it the
oil light stays on!  So I will move on to more testing following all the
Bentley suggestions.
When I looked down in the gas tank the metal was all very clean, there was a
small amount of rustish looking sediment around the bottom of the little
filter, but only about a teaspoon or so.  Would this be enough to cause a
problem?  I was surprised at how clean it really looked.  Thanks again for
the help and patience.

Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT
'97 Jetta