have their distributors oriented differently?
Viewed from above, my '72 has the #1 notch pointing
toward about 4 o'clock.
#1 on my wife's '69 is at about 1:30.
Both cars have .009's.  Both cars have run with their
respective distributor
orientations... although the '69 is currently
exhibiting a mysterious
no-start condition.
Any ideas?  Thanks.

--timmy
'72 square
'69 square
Jax, FL

Mine is the same way, I think is at 7:00. I just means
it was indexed wrong when re-installed at some point.
If it is still firing in the right order, and timed
right its no big deal (that I know of). You can fix
it, but I've heard bad things about dropping the
washers or something down there. Then you would have
to start all over.