Re: [T3] Neutral safety switch

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Does that mean that the shifter itself was different in the later cars?
There's no way you could put a light in the earlier shifter, mainly because
the plastic with the numbers and letters printed on it is opaque and the
light wouldn't show through. You could put a light on the actual shift
lever, I suppose, but it would probably look pretty primitive.

Daniel

> On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, phil cain wrote:
>
> > under the automatic panel to light the shift
> > position(on some of the cars). The little eye ball
>
> Wow -- what years?  My '69 most definitely does not have an
> illuminated gear selection indicator.  I have always thought that it would
> be a groovy custom mod, but not so groovy if it was done in later years.
> ;)
>
> -Greg

> Search old messages on the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/

</x-charset>