Re: [T3] injectors and generator questions

On 29 Sep 2001, at 15:38, Sean Scattergood wrote:

> I haven't posted to the list in a long time, but I am in need of some
> guidance. I just rebuilt the engine in my 1970 vw fb auto fi. It is back in
> and running but I have two small problems. First, the little hoses on top of
> the injectors need to be replaced. They are all dried out and two of them
> are leaking. How do you replace them. They are crimped to the injector and I
> could find anythin in the Bentley that explained how to change them.

You can carefully cut away the crimp ferrule and replace the hose.
Just use a standard hose clamp after this. You MUST be careful
not to cut into the hose barb that is under the old hose.

> My second question is that I can't remember where the little
> coil-looking thing on the generator attached to.

Not sure what this might be. It doesn't sound like anything original.
It MAY be a "hash filter" which is meant to keep electrical noise
generated by the generator from getting to the radio. In this case, it
would go in-line between the generator output (G+) and the large
output wire to the voltage regulator.