RE: [T3] Muffler Options??

> From: D. H. [mailto:flat4fantasy@hotmail.com]
>
> I dont think the DP or SP quiet packs will
> work because of the fender metal on the rear clip.

Dave,

I put the bugpack Type 3 collector and dual quiet packs on my 69 Notch.  I
had to wrestle all the pipes together, but it fit and didn't rub anywhere.
Hangs down just below the apron tin.  Real crappy workmanship in the welding
department, though.  I took someone's advice from the list and sanded and
1200-degree-painted the mufflers first, but neglected to do the collector.
BIG mistake.  They have probably 2000 miles on them.  The paint on the
collector burned off in about 200 miles and is now rusting but the mufflers
are fine except little places where I couldn't get the original paint off.

My shell is at the body shop also, and when I start putting it all back
together, I think I am going to go with one of those new over-the-collector
units from Kymco Motorsport.  Ceramic coated, so I don't have to deal with
the rust anymore.

Hope that helps,
Freddie Lochner
http://devoted.to/my69notch