Re: [T3] F.Y.I.Part wanted

On 26 Sep 2001, at 23:14, James Burroughs wrote:

> I am in need of part number 311957023a (1265 W080) speed ometer for a
> 1966 vw fastback.

Unless it's a red needle unit, I believe any speedo up thru '70 will
work, although you'll need to use your 6V bulb. I'm sure I have
some of these. What's wrong with yours? If it is just the odometer,
I can fix these for $55.

> And (2) what is involved in changeing or repairing
> the caliper: The problem appear to be the left front caliper is bad or
> it need to be replace.  Where can you get one.

I rebuild them. I can rebuild or exchange as long as yours are OE
for $45.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org