Re: [T3] Right Hand Steering Type3s

> You're probably not in the market for a Beetle, but GLP820J ('72 1300) is
> advertised in Volksworld this month. You have GLP821J, don't you?

I can think of no good reason for me to get a 72 Beetle, Dave, but it is a
coincidence they are both still around.  I did find another GLP 8xxJ, so
maybe it was a batch registration by the dealer.  Roy Watts had a Variant
KDM 516K, (sold for £6,000 = $10,000 and was worth it!) and I came across a
Fastback rear lid with the plate KDM 517K at Bug In some years ago.
Is the Beetle Elm green?  Now that really would be a surprise!  How much,
and what condition?  I might sneak a look at the mag in a shop!  I suspect
it must be a 1971 really, too, as in Aug 71 they changed from J to K
year-letter.

BTW for USA etc owners, cars in the UK keep their reg numbers unless the
owner wants to put a different one on (which has to have the same or earlier
year letter where applicable).  Of course, the authorities charge (around
$100 I think), and you can only transfer a number from another vehicle you
own or which has had its original number retained by the owner after
re-registering the car it was on.  I remember a German visitor who found it
surprising I had cars in the drive obviously not roadworthy that still had
number plates - they have to surrender them.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------