Re: SV: [T3]

On 25 Sep 2001, at 8:07, Sandin, Karl-Olov wrote:

> A girl from back home managed to blow two (!) engines in a short time
> in her '71 fastback. (this was in the early '80-s) Both times was in
> frosty cold winter weather and the same thing happened - she pushed
> the pedal when accelerating from the first stoplight early in the
> morning (with a cold engine) - the throttle wire got frozen stuck in
> full throttle position

I've found over the years that the most common cause of this is
NOT the cable sticking, but rather the "cam" on the underside of
the gas pedal catches on the carpet. It is easily fixed by sliding the
carpet up and out of the way again (where it belongs,) or by filing a
small burr off the top of that cam. I always do BOTH.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054