[T3] a throttle cable story...

Gentlemen;

Hearing about your goldfish vs. throttle cable incident, figured I'd share my
own...
A buddy and I are driving through town, about midnight, when the cable snaps.
we both knew what the problem was, the second it happened.  Lacking proper
lighting to even try to fix the thing, my passenger and I - without even
speaking! - knew what had to be done.  He hopped over the back seat, peeled
away the carpet, lifted the lid... grabbed a crescent wrench, slipped it over
the hex-link between the carbs, and worked the throttle while I clutched and
steered.  We got all the way across Jacksonville this way - I had to shout
back at him to let him know when we were shifting, accelerating, hold it at a
certain RPM, etc.. but it was hard for him to hear because we were both
laughing so damn hard.  After a few miles we got into a great rhythm....
When replacing the cable, I squirted the tube full of white lithium, from
both sides, until it came ooozing out everywhere.  Is this a suitable product
for this application - or will it do something bad to my cable?

--timmy
'72 square
Jax, FL