RE: [T3] Interesting item on eBay-AOL web site item#1466795327: VW Fastback/Squareback Handbook 1970

This is basically the "Pre-Bentley Bentley". It's published by Bentley, but
nothing like the Bentley we all know and love. It seems more like to old
Clymer manuals to me. It doesn't get real technical like the Bentley but
does cover over everything. It's only 154 pages and has some black and white
wiring diagrams in the back. It's a good book to sit on the shelf with all
the rest while you're using the "real" Bentley. One thing I do like about it
though is that it covers some things the later Bentley doesn't, such as
carbs and front drum brakes. I have a copy on my shelf with my other type 3
books, but I would rank it with the lower tier books like the Clymer.

Neil

Anybody know anything about this manual? How does it differ from what we
commonly call "the Bentley"?
I don't plan on bidding, as I own the Bentley & Haynes manuals (as you all
should). Just curious.
Later,
EricH.
'71 Variant Vegomatic
'87 Quantum Syncro (now with clown car power!)
& enough T3 parts to build...a large pile of T3 parts...

Title of item:	VW Fastback/Squareback Handbook 1970
Seller:	croslund@aol.com
Starts:	Sep-18-01 23:00:16 PDT
Ends:	Sep-25-01 23:00:16 PDT
Price:	Currently $15.52