[T3] Carb autopsy

A few weeks ago I mailed the list about my problems achieving a good
idle on my 1968 Notch. I have now removed the carbs and probably found
out why the carbs were so difficult to synchronize. There is a large
play in the throttle shafts. The worst has a hole in the carb that is
1.5 mm larger than the throttle shaft.

I put the carbs back and managed to get an idle of 1000 rpm. The car is
driveable again, although the engine feels weak and hesitates when
accelerating. I will drive the car to the winter storage and rebuild the
carbs during the winter.

I need to get bushings installed in the carbs or find some better used
carbs. Has anyone done this and how much should I expect to pay to get
new bushings in my carbs?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 and 1968 Notches