Re: [T3] Right Hand Steering Type3s

> Starting in '99, Golfs for the UK market (and probably others RHD markets
> as well) are made (or maybe CKD assembled) in South Africa, as this frees
> up valuable production room for LHD models in Germany and Belgium.

Wow, I will check out any car (VW of course) I look at in the future to see
its origins.  The last figure before the serial number must be a 'W' for
Wolfsburg.

In '97 there were RHD and LHD coming off the same lines at Wolfsburg.  I
think back in Type 3 times they did batch the cars though.  A few years ago
I had 3 '71 RHD Variants in the drive, made on successive days in week 18.
It's unlikely to have been a coincidence.  Week 43 seems another popular RHD
session.  Anyone out there got a body plate that says 18-x-xxxx ?  RHD or
LHD and what model year?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/