[T3] James is leaving....

Hey James,
i wish i lived closer i would buy the car.
May your trip with the military be a safe one. Maybe when you settle
back down into your new
home you can email the list and let us know that you are safe and
settled in.
peace,
jesse
71 squareback on the east coast

James wrote:
Dear friends,
I am in a bit of a pinch.  I need to sell Quasimoto, our ?73 fastback.
I?m
currently stationed at Fort Lewis, WA, and to keep it short, the Army is

sending me somewhere on very short notice.  I have not been a big voice
on
the list, just asking a question or two now and then again, but I?ve
always
enjoyed the family atmosphere.  But, the fact is, I am leaving on
Tuesday or
Wednesday, I?m packing up the household to put into storage, and I?ve
sent
my wife Anja back to Germany to be with her parents for a few months.
She has Multiple Sclerosis, and even if she could stay here and manage
the
movers, closing accounts (I won?t be coming back to this area since I?ve

been pulled out of my unit here), and what not, I couldn?t put the
additional burden of taking care of Quasimoto on her.  I would love to
continue his resurrection but I can only put one car in storage (Anja?s
Passat) and that is that.
He is a 1973 fastback, FI and AT, his odometer is at 56,821 mi, and from

talking with the PO after getting the address from the salesman, he was
owned by the german wife of an Air Force Lt. Col.  After he had retired
she
decided that she was tired of paying for the tune-ups and that it was
time
for a new car.  I purchased him for $1,300.  I hope someone will be
willing
to pay $600 to adopt him.
I?ve pulled off his left front and rear q-panels, stripped the
upholstery,
pulled out the driver?s side window hardware and doorstop.  He has a
sizable
rust hole at the battery pan, a smaller one on the opposite side, and
cancer
at the passenger floorboard, left body rain/vent flap, and other small
areas.  The only elements he is missing are small pieces of fender
welting.
I?ve pulled out both quarter windows and the drivers vent window
hardware.
I?ve new window seals from CP for front, rear and quarter windows.
I?ve contacted a few shops in the area but they have not been able to
help
me.
Please tell me what to do.  I don?t want to take him to a wrecker.

Sincerely, and best wishes to you all.
James R. Jinks Jr
7328-B 50th Ave E
Tacoma, WA 98443