Re: [T3] Has anyone noticed?

> VW own: Rolls Royce, Bentley, Massaratti, Lamborghini, Audi, Porsche, and
> think a few others. The VW, you might say is the bottom of their vehicle
line
> up.

Not in price - Skoda and Seat are also part of the group, and undercut the
VW prices by the difference in average wages in their countries and Germany!
Not hugely cheaper, and they are likely to have more adventurous engineering
(like VW of Brazil and the Brazilian 'Type 3s').  At Autostadt in Wolfsburg,
the Skoda Pavillion is a dome with surround buildings and radial walls, to
imitate the Skoda badge, while the Seat Pavillion whispers at you as you
walk across the bridge to its entrance (Auto Emocion I think it symbolises).
I would guess the price tags reflect the specification - unlike the UK where
we have tended to get the second lowest spec with the highest price, even
back in the days of the Type 3.  :-(

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/