Re: [T3] Quick Master Cyl Question

On 19 Sep 2001, at 20:45, Jim Share wrote:

> I bought a '66 squareback a while back and the master cylinder was
> removed/ missing when I got it. I thought it came with a single
> circuit type, but the local VW shop said it was probably dual. So does
> anyone know what type came on it? And also who sells them? Oh yeah the
> VIN is 366 164 859 if that matters.

That's certainly a 66 square, and it would have come with single
circuit brakes. 67 was the first year for the tandem MC.

You should be able to find a replacement simplex MC somewhere,
or you can consider upgrading to the tandem. The hard part of the
upgrade is changing the reservoir and feed lines to the MC.