Re: [T3] Trim installation?

The trim was missing when I
> purchased it and know that I have purchased it I am wondering how exactly
it
> is kept in place. Do I just put the inner lip of the trim inside the
groove
> of the rubber? Any inside info will be appreciated.

You need the rubber and glass out to install the strip in it (definite!).
With the rubber round the glass, and using soapy water to lubricate, bend
the rubber edge down to open up the slit.  Work carefully along the edge,
slipping the trim in gradually and without allowing it to bend out of shape
as it will be very difficult to straighten any bend well enough to prevent
it showing slightly after.  You may need to insert a (6" ?) length partly
before returning to seat it fully and the next section partly.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------