Re: [T3] engine stalling/hard to start

To follow up, the engine in question (stalling at idle/hard to start) is a FI '72 engine
with a single vacuum adv. dizzy.

I was able to get the car home the next day.  I took the fuel filter off and blew through
it hoping that would clean it out enough to drive the car home, and it was (I don't know
if that even did anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt).  The car chugged and died as
I was parking it.  I'm awaiting a new fuel filter for the car and I have FI gas line
ready to replace the lines when I replace the fuel filter.  I will also get a pressure
gauge to measure the fuel pressure and make sure its okay for a FI car.

I have one additional comment/question.  When the car is starting to stall, if I can give
it enough gas and time the clutch I can prevent it from stalling, but it backfires before
it moves forward.  I want to think exhaust leaks can cause backfires, but can the
backfire be caused by something else that may also be a part of my stalling/fuel delivery
problem?  Once the rain stops I'll start trying to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the help and asking for the clarification on the car.  It is FI and I need to
remember to say that in my help msgs.

-Jim-

--- Per Lindgren <lindgre@online.no> wrote:
> You need to tell the tech guru's what config your engine is, like size, carbs (if not
> stock, which?) or FI etc
>
> PerL
> 73 Variant L
>

> jim wrote:
>
> > Just to follow up, the car had a solid tune-up 3 weeks ago (points, rotor, cap, regap
> > plugs, timing, idle speed).

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com