Re: [T3] '66 heater cables

On 18 Sep 2001, at 23:24, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>   The replacement set screw tip is approx. 1/8" dia. X 1" long for the
> clamping surface, and then the O.D. for the set screw area is about
> 3/8"dia  X 3/8" long.

This sounds a lot like the throttle cable adapters that someone
mentioned.

>     I'm familiar with the under seat clamps.  Russ do you still have
> the old cable setup available?  I like your idea of splicing in
> another good cable end.

Yes, this is a pretty good way to get at least one more lifetime out
of an old heater cable. A good idea. One doesn't even have to have
the "correct" ends on the rear segment, just a length of almost
anything would do.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org