Re: [T3] Speaking of vents

On 15 Sep 2001, at 14:46, Jim Cecil wrote:

> I noticed something about my squareback.  My square has removable rear
> vents with gaskets and every picture I've seen of a type 3 the rear
> vents seem to be molded into the body, could someone enlighten me,

You must be asking about the cooling air intake louvers on top of
the rear fenders. Some cars got replacement louvers here to make
the louvers point in the direction that people felt was the "right"
direction. Most of use who have had a lot of experience with these
seem to think that it made little difference.

The replacement louvers were usually installed if the owners had an
overheating problem and complained about it.

I haven't seen a car with those for decades. You should be able to
find a good set of intact rear fenders if you want to fix this. They
were pretty ugly. Sorry.