[T3] headway on the '66 fastback

Well, I have been working on the '66 today, and have made a little headway.
The carbs are back on the engine, but I have found a problem with them. The
right side carb needs a new short link, and the bell crank. The sockets and
balls are worn to the point, that after the carb operates a few times, the
link falls off the bell crank ball. If anyone has some spare carb linkage,
let me know.
Other than that, I can't get the starter to crank very well. Not fast enough
to start the engine. I will pull the starter off tomorrow, and see what I
have. It looks like a fairly new starter. Hmmmm, I wonder by any chance, has
someone put a 12V starter on it by mistake??????? That is what it acts like.
Either that, or the starter bushing in the bell housing is completely shot.
Tomorrow will tell.
--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT