Re: [T3] Fuel sender replacement (addendum)

On Saturday 15 September 2001 07:03, Daniel Baum wrote:
> I should have mentioned before that the replacement unit is made by VDO,
> part number 113 919 049D, presumably meant for a Beetle, dated 12/73

That is a Type 1 sending unit. I don't think it will work in a Type 3. Even
if you can get it into the tank, It will not read correctly.
I noticed while going through my new Rocky Mountain Motor Works catalog, they
list the T-3 sending unit, so they are still available.
Don't be ashamed that you broke yours, I broke mine also. Luckily I had a
spare, and learned from the experience that you don't use an air hose to blow
the crud out of them.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT