RE:[T3] '66 is titled and licensed

 Russ, I know  Tom Hanson did it to his 64, and I did it to my 65 Notch. The
biggest part of the change over is widening/useing the column support anchor
plate. On mine I had to widen the orginal one (about 10 mm too narrow between
bolt holes) as I didn't have a later style to use, but I think Tom used a
late one for his conversion. The other problem that pops up is that the late
column tube is to short to use in the early cars, that can be solved by
useing the early tube with the late head unit (on mine I even used the late
shaft). The late tube ends up being about 3 to 4 inches too short in the
early cars. I hope this helps you and anyone else thinking of doing this job
out.
Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof and late steering column