Re: [T3] Seat covers brand?

On 13 Sep 2001, at 15:43, Mark Fuhriman wrote:

> I recently reconditioned the seats in my '69 Fastback.  I am generally
> pleased with the fit and good replication of the stock basket-weave
> look.  I put the new covers on just like the old covers-- no hog
> rings.  HOWEVER, I was not at all impressed with the way TMI finished
> off the rear seat backrest.

I think you're actually talking about the underside of the seat
bottom. This was finished differently in different years. I think TMI
does the only thing they CAN do, which is correct for the early
cars.

> On the fast/notchback, the OEM cover has a piece of rigid cardboard
> that is sewn across the width of the seat to hold tension on the top
> of the backrest.  But the TMI replacement came with a thin strip of
> plastic that would not fit properly into the backrest frame to hold
> the tension.

The thing that annoyed me was the front seat bottoms. They are in
3 pieces: the seat, the rear skirt, and the front/side skirt. The OE
covers use the basketweave ONLY for the seat part; the skirt
should be smooth all around. This way a back seat passenger
sees smooth vinyl all the way to the ground (except for the
headrest.)

How were yours done here?