[T3] '66 is titled and licensed

Man you have to love living a simpler life in the midwest.
Went to transfer the title on the '66 I bought last weekend. Stopped at the
local county courthouse, department of motor vehicles. Handed them the out of
state, signed title, on the '66 FB. She handed me a form to fill out with my
address, and purchase price. (what is a 6 pack of Guiness worth?? $10.00?) I
handed the form back, and she looked up the license fee in her book. $10.00.
that equals $5.00 for 1/2 year. I handed her a $20 bill, and $.50 for state
sales tax, and she handed me a new title, license plates, and registration.
She made a comment that she wished her Blazer was that cheap to license, and
did I want to sell the car. :=)
No emmisions checks, no vehicle inspection, no nothing, except $20.50. :=}
I think I will continue living in Iowa..........

Now I can work on getting it running this weekend. I borrowed a 6V battery
from the neighbors old Ford tractor to get it started.
--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT