[T3] fresh air vents/knobs/flaps

In a message dated 9/11/01 10:18:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
type3-d-request@vwtype3.org writes:

<< Subject: Re: [T3] fresh air vent control nob not working

 > Anybody ever dealt with the knobs before?  Know how they work?  Is there a
 cable or something in there?

And while we're on the subject... is there a source for replacement/rebuilt
fan motors?  Is it even worth the trouble to try and make the original setup
work - or would it be just as easy to find any random motor and impeller, and
rig a way to mount 'em in the air box?
Took my box/flaps/ducts apart (full of debris, thus clogged, thus leaking)
and found the motor basically rusted solid.  Re-installed the box, sans motor
- and hey, the air flow's much improved @ highway speeds, without the pesky
motor in there blocking things up!

--timmy
'72 Square