[T3] I got my engine to run!!

Hi all,

My 1969 T34 automatic ran under its own steam  today for the first time in
several years!! Just connected the battery, poured some petrol into the
carbs, and it started up second time, with a big cloud of smoke. It took me
about 3-4 months to get this far, working on wiring, and various other bits
and pieces. I had a little hiccup when I thought "let's try the light
switch," and blew two fuses.

It sounds like a truck, but it idles well, and revs up when I press the
pedal. It presumably needs tuning and other TLC.

However, it won't go backwards. I haven't tested this out at all thoroughly,
because every time I move a few feet I have to push it back into its parking
space. It may even go forwards in neutral, I just don't know. I know
absolutely nothing about automatic gearboxes, but is there some electrical
connection I have to make, or something that might be stuck? It definitely
has transmission fluid in it.

As you can imagine, I am in a pretty good mood today!

--

Daniel Baum
'69 T34: Everything's missing, nothing works, except the engine!