Re: [T3] fresh air vent control nob not working

On 10 Sep 2001, at 12:36, Cnojd@aol.com wrote:

> On my 1972 SB one of the fresh air vent control knobs is not working.
> Unfortunately it is stuck in the closed position.  I'm going to be
> removing the aftermarket A/C unit (since I removed the compresser
> during a clutch  R&R) to fix the fresh air intake foot bath.  The fact
> that the knob quit on me last night just moved this project to the
> front.

Yeah, I absolutely HATE the AC on these cars! The knobs come
off the shaft by just pulling straight off, but the are on there HARD.
Once they are off you can remove the mechanism from the back
and see how it works. Let us know if you need parts. The 72 has
only 2 cables and is simpler than the 68 with 4 cables. I've seldom
had trouble with the late models.