Re: [T3] In search of

--- David & Sylvia <st_diazde@tarleton.edu> wrote:
> Hey guys and gals
>
> I just got back from the nearest VW shop in my area
> (20 miles)and picked up
> an Elring, German engine seal kit$12.00  for my
> Fasty. It seems that after I
> steam cleaned the entire engine and replaced the oil
> cooler seals that was
> not where the leak was coming from. I get a small
> but noticeable trickle of
> oil behind (towards the front of the car) the left
> head. I am getting ready
> to take the cooling tins off and further investigate
> this. I still have not
> received my technical manuals so do you guys where I
> can look for the torque
> sequence and specifications. Thanks a lot for the
> assistance yesterday with
> the oil cooler .
>   David&Sylvia
>    67 Fastback
> Not being a contortionist I find it relitiveily easy
to pull the engine and put the thing where I can
easley
> pull the tin and get to the whole engine, normaly
less than 30 minutes. If you have studs pulling loose,
this could cause leakage around the cyl's, pushrod
tubes could be leaking. If you have case savers in the
engine, torque is  18 ft lbs(stud  nuts) , others are
24 ft lbs . Torque secquence is small X ,large X ,do
half the torque the first time, full torque the second
time. good luck