Re: [T3] manifolds

Hey Steven-

> Shad=> interesting idea to use sidedraft carbs to clear the
> => pancake engine cover.  However, I don't think any
> => manifolds are made for that application.
>
> How about using stock manifolds and turning them 180 degrees? Probably too
> small for the Dells, but for something else ....

Interesting idea, but I don't think it'll help.  Unlike the single- and
dual-port T1, the T4's intake manifold bolt pattern isn't radially
symmetric.  You can't turn it 180 degrees...

The stock FI manifolds are pancake, so even if you could they'd point
downward.  I suppose you could modify the bolt pattern of aftermarket dual
carb ones and turn them around, but then the carbs would be way too far out
from center.  The stock carb manifolds are 1-bbl, so they're of no help.

The stock T4 FI manifolds are kinda similar to stock T3 FI manifolds - the
middle part is just simple tubing.  when cut, it'll be clean and easy to
weld on flanges for carbs.  I wonder if it all fits.... it's a neat idea...

Take care,
Shad