[T3] Northern ILL show and BBQ

Since I did receive some positive response to a
proposed BBQ, to help bring T3's to my
local Bugfest, I have some additional information.

The show is on Sunday Sept. 16th, at Anderson
Volkswagen in Crystal lake, IL See site for location
http://andersoncars.com/  ( I am Not affiliated with
dealer.)

Doug the parts manager stated that last year they had
about 25 swap sites sold, some of which were NOT parts
related. ($20.00 per spot) The Mofoco, Milwaukee show
in July was $69.00 per spot and had about 35-40
vendors.)  He also beleives there were approximately
135 cars paying to be in the show, with many more just
coming to look around.  $10. to show, free to attend.
(Again, Mofoco charged to get in, showing or not.
Then again they did have drag racing, a jet car and
Bikini contest.)

I would like to help bolster the type 3 ranks, after
attending the last 2 show's around here, and seeing a
grand total of 3 other type 3's. 1 modified dragster
at Mofoco (say no to Bugs~), one orange square for
sale(listee's car)and another square (squarepeg1) in
Villa Park.  Now I know there are plenty of us around,
and it will only be a few months until we have be
garaged again.

I would like to have a BBQ at my house (Saturday night
is out due to other plans that have come up.) The show
starts at 9am, so I am thinking maybe Sunday after the
show I can offer my back-yard and grill for a big-ole
BBQ, but earily enough to get you all on the road.
Let me know what you think.

Also looking for someone with a portable welder,
willing to come in early that Saturday to
patch up some spots on my fastback (and make some
$cash$ ) : ^ )

John R.        VWfasty@yahoo.com
'69 Fastback, Northern IL.