Re: [T3] Still have a problem

On 31 Oct 2001, at 19:40, Jim wrote:

> Ok, so I have my square running pretty good now, lots of power, but it
> still has a rough idle and it does the strangest thing when I start
> it. It will idle up for about 15 seconds nice and normal and then the
> idle will start to surge up high and back down until it almost kills
> and then back up and back down, it will do this until it is warmed up.
>  What could be causing this problem?

If this is a FI engine, then it is a symptom telling you that you have
the idle set too high. What you are seeing is the normal response
of the FI brain sensing that the throttle is closed and the engine
speed is higher than idle, so it shuts off the gas until the speed
drops.

In normal operation this just cuts off the gas when you take your
foot off the gas and coast down from high speed. The engine kicks
back in at about 1200 RPM.