Re: [T3] engine diagnosis

On 31 Oct 2001, at 19:43, Keith Park wrote:

> Good info... I used a COFAP cam many years ago when I built my first
> motor, its the only thing that survived the synthetic oil.  Its still
> in there with over 100K on it and no problems... question is, can I
> still buy with confidence if I see a NOS cofap cam at a swap??  I even
> got the -2 gear i needed already installed back then.

I don't know. It might pay to just call Berg and see if the lifters they
sell are still OE VW and if they are the same metallurgy as they
have always been. Bergs gripes lately have all mentioned the
cams, but for all I know it could be the lifters that have changed. I
suspect they really know which it is.

John Connelly probably does, too.