Re: [T3] engine diagnosis

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I just talked to the machinist - the news was grimmer than we initially
thought:

1.    The case is in good condition with a previous .020 line bore
(standard).
2.    The crank is okay, but shows .3 wear (the max), so the life span is
probably short.  Will replace with another reground crank.
3.  The rods are fine.
4.   Will replace CAM and LIFTERS with VW (reground CAM)
5.  The main, rod, and cam bearings will all be replaced.

Nothing tragic, but about $250 worth.  Now let's recap the engine after the
rebuild:

New case, reground crank, new cam, new bearings, lifters, seals, cylinders,
pistons, rings, rod inserts, dual solex carbs, quiet pack exhaust, hot
dipped (but not rebuilt) heads, new clutch and a whole lotta elbow grease.

Should I consider anything else during this rebuild?  Clean the tank? Change
fuel filters?  Etc.

I really appreciate all of the cam advice you guys have given me since my
last post.  Thank you very much.

Jason
68 Notch