[T3] White exhaust?

OK, so last week I set my valves, .004 intakes, .006 exhaust.
I noticed Russ said he set his at a loose .004 and a tight .006
That was after I did mine, which were set to a tight .004 and a tight .006
I haven't had a chance to loosen the intakes yet.

This week I noticed two things:

1) When I start the car, I get  big puff of white exhaust. Just as it
starts. It doesn't continue.

2) I can really hear the exhaust now.

I checked the exhaust leak I know I have down by my right heat exchanger,
and it's there alright. I can't tell if the temporary fix has gotten worse.
But it sounds alot louder. I thik this is coincidental to the valve setting.

But what of the white exhaust? Smells carbon-y, but isn't black. And isn't
blue.
--
Mike Wodkowski
72 SQBK