Re: [T3] Valve setting history

Jim Adney wrote:

> Still it would be good if someone with an
> original 67 owner's manual could verify this.

I checked a '67 Type 1 owners manual, it said 0,10 mm (0.004") on both
valves, on 1200, 1300, 1500 engines.

> Those of you with 72s and 73s should check your owner's manuals
> and let us know if you find something different that I found.

There are no indications on the valve clearance in my '73 owners manual,
I guess the sticker on the fan belt cover is the only info. This sticker
says 0,15 mm or 0.006" on my '73, while the '69 engine in my '68 bug
doesnt have that sticker anymore.

The "Without Guesswork 1960 through 1970" handbook I got from you says
0.15 mm on all engines. This is issued in December 1971.

PerL
73 Variant L