Re: [T3] '66 N model Notchback

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>On 24 Oct 2001, at 17:20, Per Lindgren wrote:

> My car has the cigar lighter in one hole, the other is not drilled. The
> Eberspächer hole is closer to the steering coloumn. It also has the little brake
> warning light under and between the speedometer and clock, but there is a flat,
> black plastic strip without anything on it. It sits next to the switch for the
> heated rear window. What is this for? Pic of '73 European "L" dashboard at
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1709594&a=13134497&p=49653922&f=0

The long rectangular hole was introduced in 72 for the seat belt warning light.
That dash looks just like mine, cutouts wise, so I'm guessing that I have 1
round plug where the gasoline heater would go and the second space is just
left blank now that the wiper control is on the steering column.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054