[T3] Safety Wheel Rims

The recent discussion of safety rims caused me to go out and check out the
wheels on my 66 Square and 71 Fasty.  My 71 has 4 safety rims.  You can feel
the extra hump in the rim.  My 66 has safety rims on the rear and non-safety
rims on the front.  The hump is subtle, but obvious when you have both types
next to each other.  Both type of wheels are marked 4 1/2 J x15.  The only
difference in markings, besides the date of manufacture, is that the safety
rims have a "z" stamped on one of the lobes between the bolt holes.

I will be putting the safety rims with radials on my Square since the Fasty
will be getting custom alloy wheels eventually.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (???)