Re: [T3] She's alive!!!!!! 66 Square Update

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Friday 19 October 2001 16:25, JaransonT3@aol.com wrote:
> I got my Square insured and licensed today and took her for a short spin
> around the neighborhood.  She is starting and running great.  After a 15-
> 20 minute run, I was able to hold the dipstick between my fingers.  She
> seems to be running just right.  Had good throttle response...no flat
> spots.  She idles good.  Has good performance...at least as far as my
> memory serves me as to the last aircooled VW I drove.  I need to get the
> old bias ply tires off her and get some radials under her.  Probably get an
> alignment too.  The brakes work good (silicone brake fluid).  May have to
> back the rear shoes off a bit....drums were a bit warm to the touch.  My
> gas gage is not working consistently.  It mostly doesnt work....but jumps
> around occasionally.  The clutch chatters when starting in 1st
> occasionally.  Will have to replace when I rebuild the engine this winter.
>
> It was very cool to drive her finally.

Congratulations. You are farther than I am. I did get my gas tank working
today. Seems like all the VW's I get have tank problems.
The clutch chatter could just be rust on the flywheel or pressure plate if
you havent had the engine out to clean it.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT

</x-charset>