Re: [T3] No gas from fuel pump EFI

On 19 Oct 2001, at 9:53, Wuzmop@aol.com wrote:

> Help... I have a 73 that has been sitting for years. I have replaced the
> fuel/vacuum lines as well as dismantled the fuel pump ,caleaned it and got it
> running. No gas is pumping out of the pump, although it is getting gas to it.
> The pump runs as the bentley manual says it should. What should I do next?

When you took it apart, did you note the relative orientation of three plates
that make up the pump? The pump will only pump if those three parts go
back together exactly the same way. The center plate is marked with a
scallop in one place.

IIRC, with the pump in its normal operating position:

the electrical plug is a 3 o'clock

the scallop is at 4 o'clock

the pressure relief valve cap is at 3 o'clock

If these are all correct, then you may need to clean out some of the pump
passages. Was the pump all gunked up?

If you pull the input hose off the pump you should get a healthy pencil sized
stream out of the hose. If you don't, either the screen in the tank or the filter
in the line is clogged.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org