Re: [T3] Hesitation

Ron wrote:
>>Also, has anyone had success installing  twin carbs on the earlier
1500 single carb engines? I am considering doing this on my T343. What
is involved other than going to dual port intake heads.<<

The main problem with installing dual solexes on 62-63 model Type 3s is
that there isn't enough room for the throttle linkage. The sheet metal
around the engine was changed in late 63 to allow the extra room needed.
I've seen a number of early cars with crude holes cut away from the side
sheet metal to give the needed clearance, a very sad sight indeed. Tim
Dapper told me once that it's possible to fit the linkage if you put a
small dent in the sheet metal on one side, but that it's a very tight
fit. Tim, are you still on the list?

Scott
62 1500 Ghia
65 1500S Squareback Sedan