Re: [T3] '66 fasty progress

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Friday 19 October 2001 09:46, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2001, at 21:31, Russ Wolfe wrote:
> > I removed the gas cap, and blew backwards through the fuel line. It was
> > blocked. I then went to the front, and with the line still off the fuel
> > pump, I blew towards the engine from the tank end. It was clear. Now I
> > tried to blow into the tank, and could get nothing through. Even at 120
> > PSI!!!!!
>
> Can you see anything in there when you just pull the gas gauge sender?

I am going to just pull the tank. There are no bolts holding it in, so it
will be no big deal. That, and there is only 1 gal. of gas in the tank.
I think someone else had problems, and started to repair it and never
finished.
The gas cap was missing when I got the car, and I can see rust in the filler
neck. At least it is a '66 with the filler inside the trunk, so it shouldnt
be full of water.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT