Re: [T3] Oil Pressure Relief Valve Spring Length

On 18 Oct 2001, at 21:28, Keith Park wrote:

> Low hot pressure is loose bearings or a loose fit in the case... or perhaps
> a worn pump or excessively thick pump gasket.

Someone on the VW newsgroup recently pointed out that one of the major
causes of low oil pressure is worn lifter bores. The oil is pumped into these
bores to force flow up the pushrods to the heads, but if the lifter bores are
worn, this can be a huge leak that line boring can't cure.

RIMCO can sleeve these bores, but I've never had it done and IIRC, it's pretty
expensive.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org